No-Hassle, Secure Public Access Computer Solutions
When’s the last time that you sat down to access the internet at a public computer of a hotel business center on a business trip or vacation, or a shared system of a local coffee shop, and see auto-generated hyperlinks of the last forty or fifty websites accessed by previous users while typing?
The majority of the time, computers in public areas are generic low-end desktop PCs with minimal security guidelines and out-dated virus or spyware protection (if there’s any installed at all), not only allowing users to change settings and passwords without ownership knowledge, but risking damaging the system in question, external storage devices (such as USB flash drives), other systems accessed by that user in the future, and the systems of anyone receiving email attachments from that user. It’s a risky proposition for thousands of people when it all comes down to it.
Customers want a place they can either work or browse the internet while they wait, and know that the information they access will be invisible to the next person using that computer. At the same time, business owners need to provide creative incentives for bringing in customers, while having a minimal impact on their bottom line.
Thinlabs Public Access Computers and thin clients give a win-win scenario for both customers and proprietors, providing a variety of options for flexible, secure data access, whether the operation is a hotel business center, public library, auto dealership, coffee shop or airport waiting area:
- Power Over Ethernet technology - Thinlabs all-in-one thin clients are available with optional POE 802.3at+ technology for providing highly scalable, eye-pleasing system setups without electrical outlets and power cords. Thinlabs POE Computers can work comfortably up to 100 meters away from a network source, with power and network running over a single Ethernet CAT5e / CAT6 cable.
- Wireless Connectivity - Thinlabs thin clients can also be installed with optional wireless connectivity with internal antenna without annoying external breakable parts.
- Write Filter Protection - Thinlabs systems come in a choice of Windows or Linux operating systems, both of which are available with secure write filter protection, allowing for only authorized system changes.
- Custom Software - Thinlabs Custom Software Solutions are highly customizable with industry standard Internet browsers (IE 11, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) configurable in highly-secure kiosk lockdown mode, providing system and software options defined to customer’s business requirements, including business logos, software, permissible websites, etc.
- Tamper-Proof Touch Screen with Shatter-Proof Glass - Many customers give little or no regard for how they treat the systems they’re working with. The latest Thinlabs HELIOS touch screen thin clients offer increased screen durability (with a 7H hardness rating) and IR touch technology for increased touch sensitivity.
- Long-Lasting - A Thinlabs thin client architecture typically has a much longer lifecycle than standard desktop PCs, offering an average savings of approximately 40% over a typical desktop enterprise.
- Conformal Coating - Conformal coating provides an optional extra layer of protection to Thinlabs thin clients in areas known for their often less-than sanitary conditions; ideal for the restaurant where customers may not worry about the food and drink by their systems or the cleanliness of their hands, or the auto shop where dirt and oil residue is is in abundance.
- Ease of Administration - Systems can be administered simultaneously from the business office instead of on the floor when utilizing Thinlabs Device Manager 4.0, our powerful remote device management solution, so you can maintain your focus on your customers.
Contact a Thinlabs representative for more information on how to secure your Public Access Computer setup in your place of business.
Thinlabs, a proven thin client provider headquartered in Fairless Hills, PA, works as your transformation partner to improve and enhance your business, using the latest thin client innovations and solutions.
Established in 1998, Thinlabs has extensive experience helping numerous companies and organizations worldwide across a broad range of vertical markets.
The company offers customized thin client products and services that deliver a host of benefits, including Ease-of-Use, Increased Security and Reliability, Improved and Centralized Asset Management, Improved Total-Cost-of-Ownership and Reduced Overall Computer-Related Energy Consumption.
All Thinlabs smart clients are rated as 100% eco-friendly, innovative and sustainable solutions.
Thinlabs works with many of the key innovators in the thin-client marketplace (Microsoft, Linux, VMWare, Citrix, 2X) to deliver world-class thin client computing solutions.