Thin Client Solutions for Every Industry
In addition to the core vertical markets that Thinlabs supports, the company’s smart client experience and expertise can help organizations incorporate low power thin client computing solutions across all industry segments.
Finance – Smart client solutions from Thinlabs provide financial service organizations and institutions with greater control and stability of highly-sensitive, mission-critical customer data for compliance, governance, and security purposes when compared with traditional PCs, plus decrease IT spending and improve overall total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Highly secure - all financial data is stored at the server level, as opposed to information residing on individual local systems; all changes must be committed using Enhanced Write Filter technology
- Dependability - Thinlabs' systems are designed for long life, with products backed by up to a 5 year limited hardware warranty*
- Quick Data Access with Dual Display Support - essential for making quick decisions in a cut-throat business economy
- Cost-Conscious - Thinlabs' thin client implementations cost a fraction of the time and resources to put in place, versus a PC-based implementation, plus are much more reliable than a desktop setup with fewer moving parts
Education – With institutions of higher learning under constant budget cut constraints, server-based thin client implementations enable a cost-effective, efficient, secure exchange and sharing of educational and administrative applications and resources while meeting strict government regulations at all levels, from administrative offices, school campuses and districts, to computer labs, libraries, classrooms and more.
- Quick Setup - Thinlabs' systems can be setup and swapped out quickly under tight time constraints
- Central device management - systems can be centrally and remotely setup, updated or reimaged simultaneously using Thinlabs Device Manager
- Environmentally friendly - Thinlabs' eco-friendly PC / thin client computers, such as the HELIOS, ARGUS and POE All-In-One models, use a fraction of the power of traditional PCs
- Budget-conscious - systems can be easily and inexpensively implemented into an existing IT infrastructure, such as the KREIOS and TALOS thin client computers
Government – Thin clients provide local, regional and federal agencies a reliable, cost-effective and secure platform, meeting strict government-mandated security requirements for exchanging and accessing highly sensitive information, while satisfying eco-friendly power emission requirements.
- Tight security - applications and files are accessed from a secure server
- Long life systems - Thinlabs thin client computers have no moving parts and are designed for long life, essential in most governmental functions
- Anytime, anywhere access - employees can access their virtual desktops through remote desktop connections
Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) – A smart client platform allows organizations and their respective BPO partners to efficiently and securely streamline business processes (HR, finance / accounting, legal, supply chain, customer service and more) worldwide.
- Standardization - a Thinlabs thin client implementation allows for a speedy, organized rollout of an IT infrastructure for use across an enterprise of any group or size
- Central System Management - software and application setup, image backup / recovery, management and maintenance can be done remotely from a single location using Thinlabs Device Manager
- Flexibility - Corporate users can access required files from any locations over a virtual desktop
Insurance – Insurance companies can use customer-centric thin client solutions to enable a more efficient exchange of sale and financial information between branches and corporate offices, while providing significant cost savings and greater employee convenience and flexibility. Uptime is of the essence in the ultra-competitive insurance market, and a server-centric thin client solution backed by the Thinlabs Device Manager solution features quick system implementation, remote system and application support updates, with secure and effective data exchange, allowing for more focus on the customer and less on IT-related issues.
Thinlabs' Power Over Ethernet Computers, featuring power and network access through a single network cable, allow for a highly scalable IT environment (systems can work effectively up to 100 feet away from a POE 802.3at+ source) with greatly reduced electrical expenses.
Legal – Local and global law firms can benefit tremendously from smart client technology, providing greater security for cost-effectively exchanging and accessing highly-classified and personal client information, while reducing overall IT costs and service-related expenses. Sensitive company information in a thin client model is stored at the server level, a much more reliable and secure alternative to the desktop setup where information is often stored on local systems. Company updates and maintenance can be done remotely using Thinlabs Device Manager allowing for few in-house support personnel and increased system uptime, as opposed to the desktop model where time-consuming application updates and upgrades must be done individually.
Transportation – Trucking, air, and rail transportation companies can use thin client technology to deliver secure and reliable access to centralized access to travel and transportation information for employees and customers, while streamlining supply chain processes across remote locations. Thin client technology has a greater a overall product lifecycle, with fewer moving parts, resulting in significantly fewer system failures and reduced overall IT expenditures, essential in the increasingly cut-throat transportation sector. Application updates and changes can also be applied easily and remotely on a global scale when used with Thinlabs Device Manager, a power enterprise device management solution.
Contact a Thinlabs representative to incorporate smart client technology into your enterprise.