Digital signage continues to be an important part of customer facing information, marketing and sales activity. Digital signage is colorful, eye-catching and coupled with the ability of updates and changes in real time, is indispensable to the retail, services...
Consider your existing desktop computing electricity power requirement per computer. Take that number and cut it in half. Now cut it in half again. What are we left with - about 30W?
How about if you were offered a computer that consumes about one-third (or less) the power used by your computer, while running Windows 10, equipped with a Ryzen processor, 16 GB of RAM, a 1 TB SSD (or larger if you so desire), can be powered over the Ethernet, and has an all-in-one form factor that supports a 19" non-touch/touch screen that can be bought off the shelf.
Thinlabs All-in-One range...
Check out this interesting article from The Register about Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and how CIOs are endorsing Thin Client technology.
- Thinlabs has been providing the finest in thin client computing solutions for companies worldwide since 1998.
- In about the time it takes to make a pot of coffee, a brand new Thinlabs all-in-one touch computer or box client module could be setup and running.
- A Thinlabs ...
Companies have spent many years building and maintaining an IT infrastructure to meet the needs of their burgeoning enterprises, balancing rapid technological advances with slower, heavy-duty long-lasting devices and peripherals that employees have come to depend on - everything from Quad Core thin clients with solid state drives; Android telephones and Windows 8 tablets; to rebuilt fourth-generation PCs with PS/2 keyboards and mice used as zero clients, along with fifteen year-old black-and-white laser printers.
With significant monetary investments in critical equipment requiring...
Smart Thin Clients from Thinlabs deliver a number of benefits including:
- Reduced administration, training, service/support and training expenses
- Reduced costly energy consumption
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Business critical data, information and applications are stored and accessed from a central data server, and not housed on individual desktop systems.
- Access to and usage of applications is easily monitored and protected...
Total Cost of Ownership and Your Thin Client Network
A worldwide and well-respected technology consultancy, a well-managed thin client environment can help significantly reduce an organization’s total-cost-of-ownership (TCO) by as much as 42 percent (source: Gartner) versus a traditional PC network.
There is no question that thin clients can deliver a host of direct and indirect benefits. From environmental advantages and productivity efficiencies to greater security,...
Smart Thin Client Computing on a Budget
For organizations looking for expanded network productivity, security and reliability on a limited budget, smart thin client technology is the answer.
While it has been proven that smart thin client technology delivers better measureable Total-Cost-of-Ownership, and easier manageability, among other benefits, over traditional PCs, individual desktop smart thin clients are more “wallet-friendly” than any other network desktop device.
For example, Thinlabs...
TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) for thin client computing can be used to assess the ROI involved in choosing thin client architecture, taking the following factors into consideration:
- Hardware and software
- Management and administration
- Technical support; and
- End-user related costs
- Higher availability and productivity
- Protection of company data
- Long-term investments and smooth...